The association council will be comprised of the president, the past president, the secretary, and one member from the organizing committees of the upcoming and past two biennial meetings. If any of these cannot serve, another member can be elected to bring the council to 6 members.
The council will be elected or reelected every two years, although some members are expected to serve six years (the members from the organizing committees of the biennial meetings).
The current committee is as follows:
- President – Cdr (Prof) Hennie Smit, South African Military Academy, South Africa
- Secretary – Lt Col Drew Craig, Royal Engineers, British Army, UK
- Past president – Col (Prof) Ted Rose, Royal Engineers (Ret.) & Royal Holloway, University of London, UK
- ICMG 2021 member – Dr Eric McDonald, Desert Research Institute, USA
- ICMG 2019 member – Dr Aldino Bondesan, Padova University, Italy
- ICMG 2017 member and proceedings editor – Cdr (Dr) Jacques Bezuidenhout, South African Military Academy, South Africa